Contact: Julián López Medina
Director – University of Alicante Language Centre
Programs / highlights
Short-term and semester options in English and Spanish.
Study abroad / Direct enrollment options in STEM, Business, Humanities, Liberal arts.
Summer Program: Language, Identity and Global Citizenship (with electives in English or Spanish).
Faculty-led programs: we can develop a tailor-made program just for your institution, or your group can join/register in the University of Alicante programs (language or electives) running all year round.
Professional Development courses for Teachers of Spanish (both face to face and online programs)
The University of Alicante is a public university located on the Mediterranean coast. Because of our historical influences, excellent location and magnificent connections, we are a diverse, inclusive and and welcoming university with one of the best campuses in Spain, not only in terms of infrastructure, but also in terms of landscaping, sustainability and gender equality.
We are a multidisciplinary university with study programs in all fields of knowledge organized in six faculties and a polytechnic school.
Brochures and Multimedia
Why study in the University of Alicante?
- More than 300 courses of all majors and minors are offered in English
- +25 years of experience in Study abroad programs from the US: + than 35 partnerships with US universities. Exchange, faculty led programs, direct enrollment, summer programs, J-term, Spanish language programs...
- Options for both individual students, group programs and the possibility to focus on electives towards your Degree (in English or Spanish), to focus on Spanish language or to combine both.
- Sunny days, art, history, a lively small city on the Mediterranean with one of the most modern and dynamic universities in Spain
- An international airport and a high-speed train make it really easy to explore Spain and Europe
- You will have an amazing educational intercultural experience, with more than 2,500 international students from around the world on a campus with 27,000 students.
SPANISH COURSES / LEVELS
- Intensive Spanish program all year round and semester programs. All levels offered from Novice low to Distinguished (A1 to C2+, in the European Framework) to grant perfect placement and to make the best of your learning experience.
- Dynamic, innovative language courses and much more: courses on Spanish Film, Art, Business Spanish, “Gender, language and power”, Intercultural Communication…
- A focus on Intercultural Competence and Global Citizenship.
COURSES IN ENGLISH
- More than 300 courses in all Degree programs and fields in both the Fall and Spring semesters.
- Summer program with courses in English.
- Counseling and support for international students in direct enrollment/study abroad programs: before, during and at the end of the program.
- Spanish students represent + than 50% of the students in courses taught in English: in those courses you will also study with locals, alongside with other international students.
- Health Services and counseling on campus.
- Health and safety, and Covid protocols in place on campus and student accommodation. Documents and information available in English.
- All services international students need in one office (the University´s Language Centre).